It is extremely helpful if, at the enquiry stage, STG can be provided with as much information as possible.
The basics are straightforward:
- where from (town/city, post code, country)
- where to (town/city, post code, country)
- cargo details (number of pieces – length x width x height + weight).
However, the following information is also invaluable:
- when is the cargo scheduled to move (tomorrow or in a years time)
- is there a deadline (date by which the cargo must arrive)
- the nature of the cargo (packed, unpacked etc)
Each factor, however insignificant, is likely to have an influence on the final figure.